Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Hi-yaw!

Last night, my kid got his first stripe in karate. Not the middle stripe that signifies a senior white belt, just a stripe that says he is getting it. I don't remember when I was more proud. Okay, so it was just the day before but that's getting off the subject.

Anyways, he really seems to like karate and so I am hoping this chills him down a bit. I am not ready for another parent/teacher conference. I should have my own parking space by now. And he is only in kindergarten...

Back to karate, I was hoping that something like this would help his lack of focus. So far, he still fidgets a lot but he looks forward to going to karate. And he doesn't act out when he knows if he gets in trouble again, he won't get to go. He listens to the instructor, uses his manners, and can get the actual concepts with a little extra help. The instructor also work really well with him. He obviously makes it known who is the boss around there but can still make things fun. My son laughs more now. Sports are definitely his niche. Besides, what kid wouldn't have fun kicking, running and screaming "hi-yaw!" at the top of their lungs?

I'm just glad that I finally found something he is really interested in. My hair is too cute to pull out strand by strand, which was about a day away from happening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home