Thursday, June 22, 2006

Eager

Again, I am having a patience problem. And I know that I need to calm down, take it slow, relax. Blah, Blah, Blah. In the words of a 5 year old, I don't wanna. I think my biological clock is going haywire. The damn thing just won't shut up.

Everytime I am with Doodle, I realize more and more how much I want to be with him. Only him forever. In all of my years of dating, I have never believed that who I was with was someone I wanted for the rest of my life. Until now.

Last night was an example of how things would be. We went over to his house, all sat together and had dinner. After dinner, the three boys all went outside to play. I sat in the lounger chair on the back porch with my feet up. Doodle stood in front of me to block out the blinding sun and tell me how beautiful I was. Over and over. We got caught by my kid sneaking kisses. The kid went into a panic of giggles and kept yelling that your dad is kissing my mom. His boys got irritated and pretty much said we don't care, now kick the ball. Doodle then went inside and brought me some iced coffee. We made a date for Saturday for all of us to hang out at the lake all day and have a picnic together.

It's starting to feel more like a family each time we are together. It's a nice feeling. I was beginning to seriously believe that my life would forever be just me and the kid. I'm sure there are worst things than that, and that some people might be content to be on their own forever. I am just not one of those people.


And on another note, here is my now first grader (with his big eyes and mini 'fro):


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home