Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Too much stuff..

*Warning-this could be very random, make no sense and quite possibly even be whiny.*

1. My kid is a first grader. I don't know how this happened. I am pretty sure I just took two weeks off because he wouldn't stop talking and getting in trouble. Now he is no longer a kindergartener. I am kinda sad. This means he is officially getting older and so am I. I remember thinking when I first had him how it would have been nice to be able to stay home with him until he was in school full time. That didn't happen (which is probably a good thing) but he is almost in school full time. And he has muscles. Defined arm muscles. I am not sure how this happened so I asked him. He tells me it is because of all the heathy stuff I keep feeding him. I'm not really sure pizza counts as healthy but I will let him believe it for a little while longer.

2. The kid told me, the auntie and a friend that he wants Doodle to be his dad. He has slipped and called him dad before (this was when Doodle's kids were there so I think it was a slip). I am half tempted to tell his jackass father. Maybe then he will actually pay attention to his child. But that is doubtful. And the kid likes me to call him 'honey' because that is what I call Doodle.

3. My ass seriously needs to shrink. I went for a walk yesterday with the auntie and friend. It was a beautiful walk. We went on a nice paved trail that went through streams and all kinds of shrubbery. I was huffing at about a quarter mile. We stopped and turned around at about 3/4 mile. So I walked a mile and a half and was done. That needs to change. The kid was jogging ahead of us (and was adorable I might add). The whole trail is 4 1/2 miles and we have a goal to be able to walk it all. Eventually that will happen.

4. But before the walking happens, I need new shoes. I knew my shoes probably weren't gonna work so much and I definitely wasn't wrong. I have two blisters on the bottoms of my toes, one on my pinky toe, and am sitting at work right now wearing my pink fuzzy slippers. I love my pink fuzzy slippers. I do not like blisters. My only consolation was apparently we have a foot bath. It has massagers and heat. Ahhhh...

5. Did I mention I had a first grader?

2 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger AGF said...

Can you call me honey too?

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger K said...

Maybe you can buy 'walking slippers' instead of 'walking shoes'...just a thought. I bet they come in purple.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home