Monday, June 26, 2006

Mondays. Blech.

I had such a great weekend, I strongly considered just calling in sick this morning. But then I remembered I have an attendance problem, I don't have enough sick time, and I am just a little too poor for my own good.

Friday we decided to pretend like we weren't the whitest white girls ever. My sister married a filipino man so she makes some awesome chicken adobo. And what's adobo without pancit so I got a recipe and learned how to make that. Just to shake it up a little, and completely go off the path of the filipino food, I had a craving for some california rolls and decided I was going to try to make those as well. Off we headed to the Great Wall grocery store. We had to look very carefully at everything we were buying. If it didn't have directions in English, we didn't buy it. We got all kinds of yummy stuff and spent the next two hours cooking.

See, this is why we are hamburger people. Throw a patty on the George (Foreman that is) and 10 minutes later you have dinner. Even though it took so long, the food was very tasty and I was certainly impressed with our abilities. And my ability to not punch my sister in the head for no reason other than she has been acting very stupid lately.

On Saturday Me, the auntie, the kid, and my niece all headed over to Doodle's so we could go spend the day at the lake. As usual, we were running late and didn't get to his house until almost 11:30-we were supposed to be there between 10-10:30. Oops. The 4 us of us and him with his boys all packed up headed to the lake. Luckily when we got there, we found parking and a prime spot in the grass. A little shade and some sun to go with it. The auntie and I took the kids all down to the water for a little splashing around. Doodle came to join us for a bit after getting all our stuff settled. During this event, I learned a very valuable lesson. You should never try to pull someone who is bigger than you into the water. Chances are, you will land on your butt. Literally. We went back to our spot, ate some yummy bbq and chatted a bit more. Back to the water and some more splashing.

Sunday we took a fun sporadic road trip. Me and the auntie decided it was too hot to be in our house. And she has the jeep so what better thing to do than drive the jeep somewhere. We decided to go up to Mt. Rainier. I forgot how beautiful it was. We stopped at a bunch of lookouts, had lunch while looking at the scenery, played in the snow in shorts and flip flops, got sprayed by a waterfall and took way too many mountain pictures. The views are absolutely amazing. It was such a good use of a day. When we got home, I headed over to Doodles to spend some cuddle time.

And now it is Monday. Yuck. I am sitting in a 4x6 foot space apologizing to people when I am really not sorry. It is bright and sunny outside and I have all this artificial light streaming over me. I want to be back in the mountains (this time with Doodle). I want to not feel my shoulders getting tighter and the crankiness setting in. I spent all weekend happy. These fake walls do not make me happy. And they make me think about what I was doing last year at this time.

I was kidding myself into believing I was in a happy relationship. Empty promises galore. We were supposed to go to the mountains, and the beaches and all kinds of road trips. Apparently, he was embarrassed to be seen with me because of my weight. I was taking all kinds of emotional abuse because I thought that was all I could have and was too stubborn to end something I knew wasn't right. Lucky for me, I finally did swallow my pride, temporarily move into someone else's house, and get on the path that worked for me and my son.

If I hadn't have left him when I did, I would not be where I am right now. I would not be with Doodle, and I wouldn't be able to see the sunshine and think how happy I am. When I am not in this freakin building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home