Thursday, July 27, 2006

Kids

Yesterday, I took my on again/off again friend to her doctors appointment. She has been having some pregnancy complications so gets an ultrasound at almost every visit. Yesterday was no different. I had never watched this except for my own with the kid. Since I was the one laying there, with my back hurting and completely uncomfortable for almost 2 hours, it was not the most memorable experience.

Watching this ultrasound was a totally different experience. I got to see the baby. I saw his face, his hands, his legs, his spine, and even his toes. As much as I don't want to be, I am sure I will be just as connected to this child as to my kids best buddy. I know it is totally cliche but this really was an amazing experience. This is now not just a belly, there is a baby in there. A child with a name. The baby already weighs 3 lbs. That is half of what my child was at birth. I know that this child will be loved.


And in other stories, here is why my kid and my niece are adorable. They say the cutest things.

From the mouth of the niece: My sister pulls up in front of the hotel next to the airport where my mom was staying. The niece knows that nana is coming to town. There has also been a lot of discussion on how they will be moving to California where nana lives in a little bit.

Sister: "Do you know where we are at niece?" (sitting in front of the hotel)
Niece: "California".

Poor kid thinks that nana lives at the hotel, also known as California.

From the mouth of the kid: The kid has a problem with getting up early. We put an alarm clock in his room so that he knows when he is allowed to get up. If there is a 7 and any number after, he can get out of bed. Otherwise, he should still be sleeping.

Kid: "I have to go to the bathroom! I have to go to the bathroom! I have to go to the bathroom!"
Me: "Hold on kid, I am almost done."
Kid: "Mommy? Is that you?"
Me: "Yes kid, I will be right out."
Kid: "Oh. Okay. I love you mom."
Me: "I love you too kid."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home