Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Now that my kid is back...


I have stories about how freakin adorable he is again. And since he hasn't been back long, I don't have any of the terror stories yet. Give it a day.

Yesterday as we were driving home from summer camp, the kid asks me what day it is. I tell him Tuesday. He says no, what number. I tell him August 1st. He promptly starts singing, "It's almost my biiir-thday. It's almost my biiir-thday." Then abruptly stops-"It is almost my birthday right mom?" I tell him yes and he continues singing.

I ask him what he wants for dinner on his birthday. He says, "hmmm, let me think [tapping his finger on his chin and looking up to the ceiling]...I want cheeseburgers and pizza-with no begetables". He still can't say vegetable right and it is so cute I don't correct him. I know, bad mom. Anyway, I tell him he has to pick one.

Kid: "Cheeseburger"
Me: "Are you sure?"
Kid: "No, pizza"
Me: "Are you sure?"
Kid: "Uh-huh"

I tell him I am hanging out with him all day on his birthday so I ask what he wants for breakfast. "Ummmm, something delicious...scrambled eggs and waffles." I ask him what he wants for lunch. Cheeseburgers. Bye diet. It was nice knowing you...


And in non food related stories, my phone went MIA yesterday. I am a little attached to my phone. Okay, that's not true. I am obsessively attached to my phone. I sent the kid into the bathroom so that he could take his shower. He comes out of the bathroom, naked, with his hand and my pink phone covering the front and his other hand attempting to cover his booty. He says, "Here mom, I found your phone."

2 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger K said...

HAHAHAHAHAH, if only you'd had your phone to take a picture of that moment...ah, the irony!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger AGF said...

Best story ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home